1) Do I need to register business with any business name anywhere to get GSTIN?
>>>If you are going to start proprietorship, then there is no need to get your business name registered anywhere. Getting GSTIN would be enough.
>>>If you are alone then go for proprietorship and in this case you don’t have to register company or get company PAN.
Getting GST would be enough.
For GSTIN under proprietorship you can use both residential as well as commercial property.
– If you are using rented property then provide rental agreement.
– If you own property then provide utility bill that comes with your name
– If property is inherited or owned by parents/grandparents then you need their utility bill and a signed NOC.
Here is NOC format for reference. : https://tinyurl.com/yd5p9er2 If property owner died then we need death certificate here instead of NOC.
– If property is owned by your wife then you need utility bill that comes with her name and a signed NOC.